Consultant at Swattmiers Architects since 2006.
ASLA International # 1102169 | CIV# 82579 |
CAV #6277 | M.A.
Bachelor in Architecture at Universidad Jose Maria Vargas. Caracas, Venezuela.
Science Master in Architecture at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain.
Landscape Architecture studies at UCLA and
UC Berkeley, California.
- Master in Advanced Technologies in Architectonic Construction. Madrid,
- Bachelor in Architecture, Universidad Jose Maria Vargas, Caracas
- Fine art studies, Escuela de Artes Plasticas “Cristobal Rojas”, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Landscape Architecture, planning and Interior Architecture studies at UC Berkeley and UCLA extension.
- English and American Culture, Columbia University, NY.
- IDEO U Insights for Innovation 2016.
- IDEO U Storytelling for influence 2016.
- IDEO U from Ideas to Action 2016.
- ACUMEN Design Kit: The curse for human-centered Design.
RELEVANT ARCHITECTURE AND PLANNING DESIGN
WOOD ROSE ACADEMY, Concord, California 2012 – 2015.
- Landscape master plan design, building renovation, and maintenance.
SWATT-MIERS ARCHITECTURE, Emeryville, California, 2006- 2015.
- Landscape Architect Consultant.
BARONIAN & WHISLER ARCHITECTS, Sausalito, California, 2007.
- Assistant Intern Landscape Architect.
PDVSA/JANTESA S.A. (Venezuelan, EPC Oil Company). Architect Consultant.
- Large-scale landscape master plan for the second large refinery in Jose Cryogenic industry. (90.000 Ha affected).
- Puerto Banus, Renovation from Touristic to Residential Complex occupancy. (40.000 m2 project).
- Bahia Verde. “Guaraguao 2000” urban plan, Puerto la Cruz (33 Ha affected).
- Project Manager at Bahia Verde, Residential historic landmark. Puerto La Cruz. 1999.
ADN S.A. Puerto la Cruz, Venezuela. Landscape Architect and Architect Consultant.
- Costa Arena, Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela.
- Ten story building with duplex apartments and individual courtyards. (21.000 m2).
- Landscape Architect John Stoddart in Isla Borracha, Puerto la Cruz, Venezuela.
VALLARIO & SCARPELLINI architects, Assistant Architect.
- Banco del Exterior main offices interior design areas in order to comply with Bank space requirements and regulations in 2 commercial stores & the building squares in Caracas and Isla de Margarita.
- Assistant in large architectural projects and several commercial interior renovations including furniture and industrial design.
FRUTO VIVAS ARCHITECT, Assistant Architect.
- Los Erazos (Caracas) Slum Rescue Project, Caracas, Venezuela 1991 Assistant to the architect in Aerial houses design using pre-existing building structure, innovating a hydroponic system for crops, a communal market, and urban renovation and occupation.
PARKS AND COMMUNITIES
INTERACTION, Sustainable Research Center, Madrid, Spain 1995. Master thesis and Intern.
- Bioclimatic Prototype House Design, Hands on work with students, town restoration activities at the research center in Soria.
MARN Environmental Department of Venezuela, Architecture and Planning Consultant.
- “El Gran Roque, Una Nueva Imagen” (Los Roques National Park, Venezuela) Urban Plan. Work with local people, fishermen communities, private touristic operators, environmental groups, National Guard, Venezuelan Navy, local and federal government authorities.
INPARQUES (National Parks Institute of Venezuela), Architect.
- Parque del Este. Main Urban Park in Caracas, 1992
Renovation design of “Nao Santa Maria” recreational area; met in Caracas with its original designer Mr. Roberto Burle Marx.
- Maracay Metropolitan Master Park, Venezuela 1992.
Landscape Master Plan, (33.000 Ha affected).
- Laguna La Restinga, Park infrastructure, Margarita Island.
- Canaima National Park, park infrastructure main office, park ranger, ranger’s residencies and indigenous touristic operations.
Fruto Vivas Architects. Assistant Architect.
- Los Erazos Slum Rescue modular building and hydroponic aerial roof project drawings. Assisting Fruto Vivas Architect, Caracas, Venezuela
- Six Residential Landscapes / 2014, Walnut Creek, California.
- Un Punto y Punto, a children book. 2006
- Coloratta, a children book, 2003
- Los Roques, Una Nueva Imagen/ an urban plan renovation Venezuela, 1994
- Conferences: Adapting Creative sessions of Art exercises for teacher’s (1st to 8th grades), Colegio Los Campitos, Venezuela.
- “A Urban and landscape plan for Los Roques National Park” Caracas, Venezuela
- “A highway Botanical Garden, Jose Cryogenic Gas industry “, Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela.
TEACHING and EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS
- Design Program and curriculum 6th, 7th and 8th grade in EBI, IB school at Emeryville, CA. 2016-2017
- Environmental renovation program, at Woodrose Academy, CA 2012–2013
- Art Program, k to 12th grade at Escuela de las Americas, IB school in Venezuela, 2001-2002
- Creative exercises for students and teachers, at Colegio Los Campitos, Caracas, Venezuela
Exhibition DESIGNER & manager:
- Intern for exhibitions design in Museum Bellas Artes, Caracas, (under Arch. Milagros Muller Director) Venezuela
- General Manager in Galleria “A” (Owned by: Carmen de Villani, Juan Calzadilla and Nohemi Marques) Caracas, Venezuela 1990-91
Habitat for Humanity, Oakland CA
“As a poet, architect, and landscape architect Lya is an artist first and foremost creative and technical.” Rheet Beavers, FASLA, UCLA Cultural Studies, Landscape Architecture School, Los Angeles, CA